2.26.2010

Star Wars Mickey Mouse or the Star Wars Muppets

I'm not sure which Star Wars collection I like better.















I think Mickey has more of the heroic characteristics that are necessary to play the role of Luke Skywalker. Look at what he did in Fantasia for crying out loud. It was magical. Of course, Kermit has that sappy, beat-down, naive, pussy whipped quality that Luke possessed in Episode IV before he met Obi Wan. But I still lean towards Mickey as my last hope to restore the balance in the force.

Next you have to look at the Chewbacca character. Goofy dressed as Chewbacca. Or Fozzie Bear. Granted Goofy has the height advantage, which is essential to playing a wookie, I think you have to lean in Fozzie's direction. He doesn't need a suit. You just throw the bandolier over his shoulder and you've got yourself a trusted sidekick. Plus his laugh is pretty close to the cry of a wookie (wanka, wanka, wanka). On a side note, as a kid I always wanted a wookie as a pet. And I believe Fozzie would make a better pet than Goofy. So Fozzie wins the wookie category.

Then there's Leah. Pig or mouse? Miss Piggy and Minnie both have those leading lady qualities. But if you think about Piggy's attitude and the way she dominates Kermit, I think she has the stones to choke out a Hut. Advantage Piggy.


















Moving onto the dark (and deciding) side. Who's playing the villian? On Mickey's team, you've got Donald Duck standing tall as Darth Maul. But seriously, Gonzo Vader? Even though Vader shows no signs of weakness - ever. And his mere essence is the antithesis of all things Gonzo awkwardly stands for. I think I have to lean in Gonzo's direction, even though Darth Duck looks pretty badass.

So if you were to ask which Star Wars children's show parody is going to be gracing my collection? I'd have to say ... well ... probably both. But I'm definitely going to try and find the Muppets collection first.



No comments: